Paramount Shine Tile Adhesive” is a Cementation ready-mix powder which is thin-bed and a highly tensile polymer modified product. Its unique features make it ideal for fixing ceramic / vitrified tiles /mosaic tiles / natural stones like granite, marble etc., to most building substrates.
Special Features of “Paramount Shine Tile Adhesive
- Preparation is simple, just add water.
- Although cement based, requires no curing.
- Excellent tensile adhesion strength.
- Grouting is possible on the same day.
- Polymer modified formulation enhances its durability.
- Being ready to use, the product saves considerable time and labor.
Areas of Use
- To fix wall and floor tiles, natural stones like granite, marble etc.
- Cementation screeds.
- Cement Mortar beds.
- Bathrooms and kitchens.
- Fixing the facades.
- Swimming pools.
The surface should be clean, dry, and free from dust, grease / oil and other contaminates.
Concrete Floors and Walls
- Allow at least 4 weeks for concrete to cure prior to tiling. Screeds must be 5-7 days old and properly cured. The surface should be properly leveled for best results of “Paramount Shine Tile Adhesive”. Remove curing compounds, if any, from the surface.
- Existing tiles must be roughened mechanically with wire brush.
- Oil-based paint should be removed by roughening mechanically and loose flaking paint should be removed completely. Allow the surface to dry after cleaning.
Fiber Cement Sheets
- Fiber cement sheets must be primed with water and all joints must be taped with PVC duct tape and fixed according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Preparation of “Paramount Shine Tile Adhesive”
- Take a small amount of water in a bucket and gradually add “Paramount Shine Tile Adhesive” in it. Mix the product with water in the ratio of approximately 1:4.
- Mixing can be done manually or by stirrer.
- Mixing to be done till homogenous mix is obtained.
- After proper mixing, leave the paste for 5-10 minutes for polymeric dispersion before application.
- The paste should be kept away from direct sunlight, heat and used within 2 hours of preparation (after mixing with water).
Do’s about “Paramount Shine Tile Adhesive”
- Before fixing the tiles, natural stones, ply woods etc., clean the backsides of these with wet cloth to remove all dust particles.
- Apply a layer of adhesive on the substrate and spread it with a notch trowel.
- Lay the tiles/stones and press firmly. Then knock properly with rubber hammer in order to spread the adhesive equally and for a good contact.
- Remove any surplus adhesive on the face of the tiles.
- Any adjustment should be done within 30 minutes and before adhesive starts hardening.
- Wait for at least 12 hours before grouting for better contact.
Don’ts about “Paramount Shine Tile Adhesive”
- Avoid very high speed mixing when electric mixing equipments are used
- 55 – 65 sq.ft per 20 Kg. bag with notch trowel for a bed of 3 – 4mm.
(Please note that coverage will depend upon the undulation of base substrate and thickness of material used.)
- “Paramount Shine Tile Adhesive” should be stored in a cool and dry place.
- It is recommended that when fixing ceramic tiles, a minimum spacing of 3mm should be left around each tile.
- Excess adhesive should be removed using a damp sponge or cloth before material has set.
- Floors are ready to receive light foot traffic after 24 hours and can be put into full use after 48-72 hours.
Although “Paramount Shine Tile Adhesive” is non-hazardous, following precautions should be adhered
- Keep out of reach of the children.
- Avoid inhalation of dust.
- In case of contact with eyes, rinse eyes with plenty of water and consult a doctor immediately.
“Paramount Shine Tile Adhesive” is available in 20 kg.